Punjab Smart Ration Card Scheme Under NFSA
- No. of beneficiaries 1.42 Crore
- Eldest Woman will be the family head.
- Wheat will be given at Rs. 2/- per KG.
- The Biannual entitlement of wheat will be given at one go.
- The distribution will be done at the doorstep of the beneficiary directly by the department.
- The beneficiary gets to keep the wheat bags in which he gets the grains.
- The beneficiaries are de-duplicated on the basis Aaadhar.
- The beneficiary can go to the consumer court if he does not get wheat as per his entitlement.
- Wheat will be delivered in 30 kg standard packing.
- The department officials, Beneficiary, Transporter, Gram Panchayat, Nigrani Committee – all will work in coordination for disbursement of wheat.
- No upper cap. Every member gets five kg of wheat per month.
Smart Ration Card Punjab Overview
Ration Card is a government-provided which can be used multi-purposely. One of the major benefits of having a Ration Card in Punjab is you can avail the facility of subsidized rate food commodities, fuels, and grains from the Punjab Government.
A ration card can also be used for a reference document while you are applying for a domicile certificate or income certificate in various states of India.
The Department of Food Supplies and Consumer Affairs issues ration card for the residence in Punjab. In this article, we look at the procedures for obtaining a ration card in Punjab.
Reasons for Obtaining a Ration Card in Punjab
Ration card is a privilege given for citizens who have low margin income and are unable to afford the prices for essential commodities like food, oil, etc. Ration card is also used as an identity and address proof for availing government schemes.
These are some important benefits which motivate people to get and apply for Ration Card in Punjab.
1. It can be used as proof of residence while selling or buying a land/ property.
2. It is also required to claim a loan from the banks.
3. Ration card helps as an identity proof for the citizens.
4. To avail government services at a subsidized rate for the eligible beneficiaries food frains, edible oils and fuels
5. Ration Card supports as an identification proof for your entire family since it contains details about the number of family members, income levels, number of children, gender, photographs, etc.
Traits of the Ration Card Scheme
- The State Government has implemented this scheme to ensure the needy people get their staple food, which is atta, rice and dal. At some places Kerosene oil as well.
- The Government has appointed agents to deliver the provisions to the doorsteps of the recipients.
- The eligible people receive food grains at a subsidized cost.
- To identify the eligible people, the blue ration cards will be replaced by the Smart Cards.
- Every family possessing a smart ration card will be entitled to receive 2.5 kg of pulses.
- The cost of wheat is only Rs. 2 per kg.
- The scheme aims to reach more than 30 lakh people.
- The scheme is worked in agreement with the National Food Security Act, 2013 making sure that the poorest of the poor have access to food grains.
Smart Ration Card Punjab Eligibility Criteria
To check whether you are eligible or not for the Smart Ration Card in Punjab then have a look at the eligibility criteria provided below.
- You should be a permanent citizen of Punjab
- You must qualify the income criteria for APL & BPL
- The applicant must not be the possession of a Punjab Ration Card
- Keep you Income certificate ready to show you APL/BPL status
- If you are a newly married couple in Punjab you can apply for a new ration card. In this instance, Surrender certificate is required from the previous place of residence, issued by the District and Block level Supply officer.
- If you have a new family member i.e birth of a child then you can apply for Ration Card for the newly born member. It is like adding a new name in the old list.
Documents Required for Smart Ration Card Application in Punjab
Here is the list of documents to get a new ration card in Punjab or for Ration Card Punjab online apply –
- Address Proof – Aadhar Card, Residential certificate, Water, Electricity or Telephone Bill
- If on rent – Rent Receipt
- In case of transferring from one Town or Gram Panchayat to another – Surrender Certificate
- In case of transferring from one Town or Gram Panchayat to another – Ration Card of the previous residence
- For Govt/Semi Govt Personnel – Certificate of residence address and number of members by Institutional Head
- For people working in Registered Industrial Institutions –Residence certificate and number of members by Institutional Head or Reporting Officer
- For students in Urban Area – Certificate for taking education and residential address by Institutional Head
- 2 passport-sized photograph of Family Head
- Income Certificate and in some cases PAN Card is also required
Smart Ration Card Punjab Online Apply 2019-20
Given below are the procedures to apply for the Ration card scheme in Punjab. The process is offline now. It will sooner be online:
Step 1: Approach to the nearest Taluk office
The eligible people have to approach the Taluk office to receive the ration card Punjab application form. The application can also be availed from the Food Officer’s Office.
Step 2: fill up the correct details
The following details have to be entered in the application form:
- Name of the applicants
- Complete Address of the applicant
- Contact Details
- District or Taluk Name
Step 3: Affixing the photograph
The applicant has to affix a passport size photo in the application form.
Step 4: Attaching the required documents
The applicant has to attach the photocopies of all the required documents mentioned above.
Step 5: Submission of the ration card form
The form has to be submitted to the nearest Gram Panchayat Office, Block Officer or at the Zilla Parishad Office.
Step 6: Verification
Before issuing the card, verification will be conducted by the concerned authorities. once your verification will complete the smart ration card will be issued to you in 15 days.
Ration Card Punjab Status Check Online
After applying for the ration card, you need to check the status of your Ration card. To do this in Punjab follow the step provided below.
Step 1: Open the official website and navigate to the Ration card Search Section. Follow the image given below for your reference
Step 2: Fill the captcha and enter your details in the next step to get your ration card status online.
The applicants can easily check their name, download/print the Ration Card to avail the benefits of subsidized food at nearby Ration Shops.
Benefits of Having a Smart Ration Card in Punjab
If you hold a Ration Card in punjab then you can easily avail these awesome facilities –
- Food Products at Cheap rate like Sugar
- Grains at low cost like Rice and Wheat
- Kerosene at a subsidized rate
- Edible oil at affordable cost
- Low-cost LPG
You can also use your Ration Card as a proof of identification while applying for Domicile Certificate or Voter ID card.
Punjab Smart Ration Card – Important Links
Ration Card Punjab
Ration card Search